Olympus 45mm F1.8.

This isn't a new lense from Olympus. It is bulky, however if I am to compare with DSLR lense, it is still lighter in mass. Why bother to highlight this old lense (not really old actually)? Cos, I love using it!

I love going parks, gardens, especially our Gardens by the bay. Thus, I find 45mm f1.8 is actually a very convenient tool to fix on my dslm.

Following are 3 examples using this budget lense.




Very immature in photography, yes I am & I know it. I felt that it would be not wise to start this entry actually. However, as a hobbyist, I feel the need to recommend this to anyone who has interest in photography, and owes (or intended to get) a M4/3.

Why this lense?
Simply because of it's F1.8 capability. For layman, it means lower F-# to get bokeh (blurry background). Go google depth of field and read about it. :p I'm learning too. :D

It's a fast prime lense I must say, on my EPL-5.

It's good as a street photography kit too. (Links attached below.)

Budget, not costing more than SGD500.

Oh, I must mention this. I like to take close-up photos. Thus, 45mm F1.8 serves this purpose. :D

That's about it for my simple entry on Olympus 45mm F1.8.

Comments

Popular Posts