O2 Xda Atom.

To be frank, it's my first time using a pda phone, pocket pc or whatever people used to call this gadget. And well, cos it is my first time working on it, some more, new os which this atom has - window mobile 5, I completely have no idea how it works.

Atom is a beautiful phone. Just the look, functions wise, omg~ I am experiencing hipcups. Slow loading to files which sometimes u might even thought it has hung which isn't the case cos u just have to wait. However, that is common to such phones as I was being told by the salesman at Singtel... Wonder how true it is, but, I'd managed to check out online that if I did a upgrading to the rom, the slow...i...n...e...s...s... would be overcome. Hope this would come faster, as I am indeed one impatient dude.

Camera, despite stated 2mega pixels, that seems very like 0.2pixels camera. No autofocus still. I missed my k750i camera & blessed that I did sell off K750i.

Colors, better than all pda phones right now. Brilliant colors despite only 262k.

Battery ... standby can last for 2 days? Charging, has to be careful. Push in the charger, not just plug in, cos it makes a difference, on how fast the charging completed.

Speakers... soft! K750i is still better. But! Mp3 is always softer. Wma sounds louder. And that is a prob for mp3 ringtones cos it is complained to have cracked the ringtone when rings -> mp3 format. WMA & wav, no problem.

Overall, it's quite a fun tool to own. However, it costed, SGD 1298 for extended 2 yrs contract. Wahahhaaa.... Plus, I had subscribed the data lite surf plan of 9MB. . . .

This atom supports wma ringtones as mentioned earlier on. As for sms alert, it was initially fixed with a limit range to choose from. However, if u d/l ringo, it enables u to joyously select ur ringtones as well as the sms alert from ur collections. Omg~ Sounds good? Hahhaa... Yah, now the latest phones will be equipped with wma audio format, and that means, more songs and that's plentyful to fill up ur sd, minisd, mmc, or prostick. Great!

Anyway, here's 3 pics how my atom looks like.


The theme can be easily accessed from the setting -> today.
And I had changed it almost daily.




O2 phone w/ Sony's strap?



Want this?
My advice: Not really worth while. Wait for the 2nd batch. 1st batch always has bugs & setbacks. Speaking from experience.

Comments

Popular Posts