A new notebook.

Got Lenovo's S10 for the HP Compaq Presario V2010.




Well, been using S10 for the 4th day. I had minor liking & mostly dislikes for S10.

1st of all, the look is compact. My mom has actually commented how cute this notebook looked. Erm... Ok, she is a non-gadget fanatic like most of us out there. But, I did like the black and comfort appearance it gave me as the 1st impression when I was down at funan hunting for my V2010 replacement.

2ndly, the HD. Hmm... it's a luxury upsize from the misery 40G V2010. I believe HP don't like big sized HD. I found mostly 80GB for notebook. Oh, the Vaio is worst.

And that's all I had like about this S10.

Hereby, I am gona write the many dislikes of S10.

1stly, the keypad. I always had problem typing accurately. There is sure bounce to have typo and punctuation errors no matter how I try to minimize. The Shift End is always a hassle. Here the keypad layout is using Fn End / Shift + Fn End. And due to it, the Ctrl is sited next the Fn. Hence, whenever the use of ctrl I will press Fn instead, resulting typo & punctuations mistakes. I will need time to adjust to the mini keypad.

2ndly, the wireless connection. Rubbish. I couldn't connect to my home network with the connection. And if I tried installing the wireless adapter, it will hang and prompt system error. All right, I had eventually overcome the internet surfing by subscribing to Starhub Maxmobile whereby I got a 50% off discount. And it's pretty fast.

3rdly, the XP installation kit. I do type chinese characters. However, when I try to add / install new languages, the system will ask for xp cd-rom. Erm... Hello, I believe notebook won't even have a combo-drive. Let alone, if you can ever find the XP cd-rom. Thus, what I learn from this is, I should install the NJstar viewer to read & type chinese character. And one more thing. To view the characters, you can install the fonts from your desktop. Now those sites required the characters are able to view as per normal. Phew... I wonder if I should consider myself smart or lucky to figure this out.

4thly, screen. I think I need time to adjust to small screen as well.

5thly, only 2 usb port. Erm... I think I might need a usb hub in the long run.
(^__^)

6thly, battery. First charge, i couldn't get a 100% full charge on the battery. It worried me. Then while I disconnect the power supply, it increased by a percent. But still, never full. Until yesterday, I switched on after work and it finally reveals a full charged. Trying today again. I want to monitor what is happening.

Hmm... actually I believe I am just not used to S10. Hoping time will improve the friendliness I can find in this notebook.

That's all. Bye~

Comments

Popular Posts